What are cookies?
Cookies are small snippets of text that a website asks your browser to store. All cookies have expiration dates in them that determine how long they stay in your browser. Cookies can be removed in two ways: automatically, when they expire, or when you manually delete them.
You can delete, remove or opt-out of cookies.
You can opt out of cookies by clicking to NO button on the cookie consent bar as you enter the website or by clicking on the ‘Revoke Cookie Consent’ button at any time while using the website. You can also use the privacy settings in your browser to prevent cookies being used.
Types of Cookie?
- Session cookies – Are temporary cookies that expire (and are automatically erased) whenever you close your browser. These are the type used when you log into a site so you can comment or interact.
- Persistent cookies – These stay in your browser until they expire, or until you manually delete them. One usage of these is to help commercial websites understand usage patterns so they can improve the site for their customers.
- Essential cookies – these cookies are all first party cookies that are essential for the operation of websites. For example, some cookies allow websites to identify subscribers so they can access the subscription pages.
- Functional cookies – Functional cookies also make sure the website looks consistent as well as allowing them to analyze site usage in order to measure and improve performance.
- Advertising cookies – these cookies allow you to share pages with social networks should you wish to do so. They also enable our advertisers to serve you with relevant advertisements that may interest you using online behavioral advertising (OBA). They are sometimes referred to as ‘behaviourally targeted advertising cookies’ and track information such as which websites you visit and build a profile based on your interests.
There may be limited third-party cookies on our site that fall into the ‘Advertising cookies’ category. These cookies could be session or persistent and are set by entities other than Fortiswick. To ensure compliance with our policies, we restrict the use of third-party cookies to trusted partners . For example, we currently allow:
- Doubleclick (Google) for our advertisers on our website, who set cookies in order to control frequency of advertising and to target advertising to the right section or geographic region.
- In addition, we use functional cookies for Audience measurement and validation. We use services such as Google Analytics to understand how many people visit us and what is popular, which helps us improve the website.
If you would like to learn more about how advertisers use these types of cookies, please visit
http://www.youronlinechoices.eu if you are based in the EU.
http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ If you are based in the United States
Please note that we are not responsible for the content of external websites. Fortiswick operates according to the European Principles on OBA.